Selling Your Home in Indiana: The Process Laid Out
For many, the process of selling is overwhelming! With all the work you are doing to make sure your home shows at its best – you don’t need to worry about the logistics too! So you know what comes next, here is a basic outline of best practices!
- Find a realtor (If you haven’t already- reach out!)
- Set a timeline for listing: we will discuss this together and make a custom plan based on your unique needs
- Order photos: A professional home photographer will come and take photos for the listing
- Determine list price: we will look at comparable properties around you and come together with a price that works for everyone.
- Create your home’s listing: I will work quickly to gather all of the necessary information and make sure your home looks great online.
- Go live!! Your home is on the market!
- Showings: Potential buyers will begin to request showings, and we will wait until offers come
- Offer Negotiations: Depending on the offers received, we may need to do some negotiating and then ultimately will accept an offer.
- Inspection & Appraisal: Depending on the terms of our contract, an inspection and appraisal is done on the home.
- Inspection Negotiations: The buyers let us know of any repairs they would like done, and we have the opportunity to negotiate
- Closing: Once all negotiations are worked through, the buyers have their loan fully approved, and we are ready to close!
- Possession: You will turn over possession to the new buyers either on closing day or an agreed-upon date/time
Contact the Stacy Barry Team and let us know if you have any questions about the process of selling, and we can chat!
Posted on December 14th, 2022 by Ashley Cox