Time for Showings!
You’ve found properties on the MLS you’re interested in seeing, we’ve set up your showings and we head out soon to see them! Before we head out here are a few important things to know:
- Most sellers require you to be pre-approved before being able to see their home. If you don’t have a pre-approval already, please reach out to a lender or ask me for a referral.
- Most sellers require advance notice prior to showings. They may also put other limitations on showings such as no showings after 6pm or on Sundays, etc. We may need to be flexible to schedule viewings…we’ve even done facetime viewings for our clients when it was imperative to see the home but the buyer wasn’t available.
- Wear comfortable slip-on shoes as we may be asked to remove our shoes in some homes.
- If a lot of sunlight is important to you in a home, then try to do showings during daylight hours.
- Dress for the weather. The walkway or driveway may be snowy, icy, muddy, etc. The house may or may not have AC or heat.
- Vacant houses may not have any utilities turned on, or may be kept in a maintenance mode.
- Don’t assume we’ll be able to use the restroom so plan accordingly.
- Focus on the property not their furnishings, artwork, etc. as you’re buying the property not their stuff.
- Avoid touching furniture or personal items as we don’t want to be responsible should something break.
- Remind children not to play with the toys and things they see in the house.
- The home inspection comes AFTER a contract is agreed upon and signed by both the buyer and seller. During a typical showing we should not be in the crawl spaces, attic, etc.
- Some sellers will have Nanny Cams in their homes as well as doorbell/outdoor cameras so be aware of what you say and do. Don’t talk about how much you can afford, what kind of offer you want to make on the home, etc. while in the house in case someone is listening.
- Bring drinks and snacks as looking at lots of homes can be grueling!
Since the market can change quickly, we will confirm with you the time and location of the home we are meeting at if viewing more than one home.
Now let’s go see some homes!
Posted on February 10th, 2021 by Ashley Cox