Top 10 Affordable Ways to Prep Your Home to Sell
Here are our Top 10 simple, inexpensive ways to prep your home to list!
By: Kimsley Farrar
- Clean! DEEP clean! Like, everything! Blinds, grout, baseboards, vents, carpets…you get the point. You want your home to *glisten.*
- While you’re cleaning…de-clutter! And Organize! You’re already planning to move, so box it up and start purging. Organize closets, drawers, & pantries. Removing some items from these areas also adds to the feeling of extra space and storage options available.
- Brighten up your space! Up the wattage on your lightbulbs and make sure the hue is consistent throughout the home. This is especially important through the gray days of winter.
- Curb Appeal! Put a fresh coat of paint on the front door, snag a new door mat from Target or Dollar General (you heard me! Dollar General!), put out a couple of plants (even fake topiaries in the colder months), install new house numbers, get a new mailbox, clean up brush, mulch, edge the lawn – tidy/fresh landscaping goes a long way. First impressions mean everything!
- Power Wash! The house, the driveway, the deck, the walk path….let everyone see and FEEL how much you’ve cared for your home.
- Paint the cabinets! A bright white kitchen is kind of the ‘it’ thing. If you have dingy old cabinets or even oak (sorry, oak lovers), paint!
- Fresh, neutral, interior paint! Having a consistent, light, neutral paint color throughout the house allows buyers to actually see the space, and not get held up by a color wheel or chipped paint. A few of my favorites are Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige, Agreeable Gray, and Anew Gray. I tend to go the ‘griege’ route so that it can work with both cool and warm tones!
- Update Hardware! You’d be surprised with how new cabinet/drawer pulls and door handles can update a space.
- Update Light Fixtures! Lighting is so important. Switch out any old/dated fixtures for new, more current ones…and viola! Your home has just been elevated to the next level.
- Put my sign in your yard! Nothing can help more than having a professional, tenured, full-time resource with the backing of an entire team on your side! I’d love the opportunity to help you!
Posted on November 14th, 2019 by Jaimee Moran