Top 8 Day Trip Fall Break Destinations
Fall break is right around the corner!
Are you planning on getting out of town for the break? We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite day trip locations that make it easy to socially distance.
1. Brown County State Park
- You can watch the leaves change color here, and the optimal time to go this year is during the second and third weeks of October.
2. Indiana Dunes State Park
- There are plenty of trails to hike, and during the fall months, the park usually has lower traffic.
3. Marengo Cave
- There are several options for making this an overnight experience, or it’s close enough that you could make it a day trip!
4. Shades State Park
- If you like ghost stories, you might want to look into The Shades of Death Blue Moon Stroll at the end of October!
5. Franklin, Indiana
- Only an hour sound of Downtown Indianapolis, they are home to Shale Creek Brewing, whose tacos we hear, are to-die-for.
6. Nashville, Indiana
- It’s a great idea to support local, and Nashville has all the cute shops and eateries that make this town a perfect day trip destination!
7. French Lick
- For the history-lover, take a tour of the historic West Baden Springs Hotel!
8. Turkey Run
- Explore the trails, cliffs, bridges, streams, and more!
Posted on September 24th, 2020 by Jaimee Moran